Yonex has been the leader in sports equipment and the products can be relied upon with ease. Today, we will speak about the review of Yonex Voltric 70 which has been a great discovery for the avid players. Like all the other racquets this one too has pros and cons which make it great for some and average for a few. So, let us understand the basics of this powerful racquet with the personal analysis in detail. But the analysis and review is based on the encounter with Yonex Voltric 70 as per my view and can be seen differently by other players. Some consider it as one of the premium badminton racquets due to its many benefits and features while others consider it as an average performer. You will need to use it to provide your opinion for Yonex Voltric 70. So, let us start with a few specifications to throw some light on Yonex Voltric 70.
- Level: Advance
- Flexibility: Stiff
- Frame: HM Graphite
- Shaft: Same as the Frame
- Head Shape: Isometric or Square
- Balance: 8 head heavy
- Weight: 4U – 80-84.9 grams
- Mode: Offensive drives speed and powerful decisive smashes
- Specialty: Yonex Voltric 70 has been introduced with the powerful Tri-Voltage System which helps the players to hit the shots with crispness and precision.
- Comparison: The comparison has been with the previous release of Yonex Voltric 70 E-Tune but the winner has been Yonex Voltric 70 in clear terms.
- Packing: It comes in a full-length bag which makes it safe for transportation. This will now become the trend in all Yonex badminton racquets.
- Color: The racquet comes in a striking appearance with red, white and black combinations. It is not a flashy look even with the colors described.
- Aerodynamic: The frame is thin in shape and has an aerodynamic bracket to make it the best in performance.
- Budget: Yonex Voltric 70 is a pricey affair and that too when it needs to establish itself in the race to the other successors.
- Grip Size: The grip size is G4 which is smaller in size when UK grips are considered.
- Medium Flex Shaft: The shaft has a medium flex which may not appeal to the hard hitters but this is again specific to players.
[Click here for the LOWEST Price]
As we have now gone through the specifications and the packing, it is now time to hit the court and try it in person. There are many players who have been taken with surprise as Yonex Voltric 70 was not expected to be that great. Many have just gone ahead and bought the racquet without much delay. This is the impact of Yonex Voltric 70 which makes the players go crazy on it. You have a long list of things that can be tried with Yonex Voltric 70 as it is a power packed racquet and there is no looking back at the game. Some say it is better than the highly acclaimed Yonex voltric 5. Let us find out if that holds true.
Let us look at a little deeper analysis and experience that I found while playing with Yonex Voltric 70.[PICTURE]
It is not an easy task to speak about sport equipment unless tried and tested. Playing and learning of the equipment is more important because that will be your experience. Similarly, when you buy a racquet and use it, you can talk more about the positives and negative, thereby giving a detailed analysis. So, here’s mine on Yonex Voltric 70.
For players, a balanced racquet is of utmost importance as it helps the game to stay steady. Yonex Voltric 70 has a heavy head which may not be a good point. But it has a different approach to give to a player. It helps in hitting smashes in a better way and the timed shots are just not to be missed as it gives the opponent no chance to reply.
With the medium flex shaft, there can be times when you feel that the hard-hitting shots are not as great as it should be. But this again has two ways to look at as it can be a good point for a few and a bad one for some. You may find a noticeable bulge in the 10 and 2 o’clock positions. But this is for the strength which has been added to give you the extra power to play. When I compared it to another racquet Yonex voltric 7, it had a lot more to provide me and help me better up my game. Yonex Voltric 70 is by far one of the best badminton racquets in I have ever played with.
The tension in any racquet helps the players to hit hard shots. This one has a tension of 24 lbs. which is very less as compared to other racquets in the same category. This can be a disappointment for many players who like more tension in the guts which help them to apply less power and still get a good outcome. While you can surely get more tension with a new cutting done as per your will but when you try Yonex Voltric 70 straight out of the bag, this is what you will find.
To conclude on Yonex Voltric 70, I would give it 4.5 stars out of 5. The sole reason for the loss of 0.5 stars is due to the pricing it has. The players who like their racquet just the way Yonex Voltric 70 has been designed but are in a budget fix cannot try out this one. Otherwise, this is by far the best racquet for me and I would surely recommend it to the players who come to me for an advice. For you to decide if Yonex Voltric 70 is your cup of tea or not you will need to try it out in the court. So, wait no more and go ahead this racquet as your badminton companion.
[Click here for the LOWEST Price]